Adventures make us feel alive, as we’re pushed out of our comfort zone and forced to approach things differently. Painting outside (known as “plein air”, a French term pronounced a couple of different ways, and also butchered by Americans like me), gives an artist fresh perspective. A good field easel is well worth the cost.
Next time, I’ll remember to wear bug spray and sunscreen… But what’s life without risk? Except for scraping a bug off the canvas, my project was a success! I loved every minute of it, even when I knew I was being bitten by tiny flies known as “no-see-ums” or biting midges.
I will definitely do this again sometime!
- New Painting – “My Home”
- Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- “Jesus in the Garden”
- Happy Easter
- The Old Rugged Cross
- EASTER SHOW 2023! New painting of Jesus
- Easter Painting Show
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- New Painting – “Piano Portrait”
- New Painting – “Celtic Harp”
- New Painting – “Ballet Shoes”
- New Painting – “Tap Shoes”
- New Painting – “Mountain Dulcimer”
- 2023 Painting Collection Revealed
- New Painting – “Chickadees in Holly”
- CHRISTMAS PAINTING SHOW 2022! Enjoy!
- New Show!
- Last Month of Autumn
- New Painting – “Thanksgiving Turkey & Pumpkins”
- New Painting – “Alabama Landscape”
- New Painting Finished!
- Back to Work! Session 3
- Today’s Painting
- New Painting in Progress
- New Painting – “Lion in Storm”
- New month, new direction!