Watch me paint this lion art in 2 minutes (time lapse)
Yesterday I posed the question “Are you a lion or a lamb?” We are meant to be both, but today let’s focus on lions. Most definitions for the word lion begin with a description of the animal, end with a reference to Leo (the constellation which I happen to have been born under) and somewhere in the middle includes phrases such as “a very brave person“, as per The Free Dictionary.
As we think of lions representing bravery, let’s establish what we must be brave about. I’d mentioned before that we must protect ourselves so that we may then protect others. Before we make a checklist, we need to define what is meant by “protection”.
- Health: As we humans are composed of mind, body and spirit, our physical self is important. Protection and defense seldom warrant physical battles, but is instead a reference to an ongoing struggle to create and maintain optimal health. This is made more difficult when entities are acting against our interests. Our strength and energy allows us to withstand hardships and endure long trials, to outlast an oppressive era, and make it through to better days. Therefore, we must make the protection and strengthening of our health a critical priority. Eat well, move, do things we love, be with people we love, sleep well. Refuse to comply with anything that endangers your health. Protect the rights of others.
- Education: Education is to the mind what nutrition is to the body. We must protect our access to information and defend against the distortion, bias, deletion, and manufacturing of the truth, as well as censorship of organic voices; and fight against powerfully financed and govern-mentally coordinated propaganda. Math doesn’t lie, but people do. Statistics must be free of manipulation, and the presentation of data must be held to the highest standards. The People must demand this.
- Freedom: The freedom to define our lives, values, and pursuit of happiness according to our own counsel is critical to the spirit. We must defend against all manner of persecution, and all pushes to create new forms of religion that are raised to be superior to all others through coercion. State religion is denied to exist, as it is nonetheless simultaneously installed, replacing all others. A cult of oppression is unable to co-exist with pre-existing religions and ideologies, including the right to be left alone; the choice to reject any allegiance to ideals or groups.
“Lion of Judah” oil painting by artist Natalie Buske Thomas
- See the truth.
- Hear the truth.
- Speak the truth.
- See: Be brave enough to look for answers, no matter how scary the truth may be. Seeing is the first step to defending oneself and others. We must name the problems.
- Hear: Be brave enough to listen to ideas and people that go against coordinated agendas.
- Speak: Be brave enough to voice our thoughts, opinions, concerns, fears, and hopes for the future.
Cowardice breeds more oppression. Consenting to what we know is wrong, will only embolden tyrants to demand more. Bravery is often the simple act of thinking for oneself; refusing to convert to what is being pushed. Few are called into stronger acts of profound sacrifices that define history. For most of us, we are only tasked with staying true to what we believe and refusing to comply with any acts that unlawfully persecute, oppress, or harm ourselves or others. This may simply mean avoidance of places or institutions who enforce tyrannical rules. But if we all make a commitment to stand, we outnumber the oppressors and we will win our battles. Every brave person makes a difference.
- EASTER SHOW 2023! New painting of Jesus
- Easter Painting Show
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- New Painting – “Piano Portrait”
- New Painting – “Celtic Harp”
- New Painting – “Ballet Shoes”
- New Painting – “Tap Shoes”
- New Painting – “Mountain Dulcimer”
- 2023 Painting Collection Revealed
- New Painting – “Chickadees in Holly”
- CHRISTMAS PAINTING SHOW 2022! Enjoy!
- New Show!
- Last Month of Autumn
- New Painting – “Thanksgiving Turkey & Pumpkins”
- New Painting – “Alabama Landscape”
- New Painting Finished!
- Back to Work! Session 3
- Today’s Painting
- New Painting in Progress
- New Painting – “Lion in Storm”
- New month, new direction!
- New Painting – “Coffee Outside”
- New Painting – “Frog in Garden”
- Hymn for Cardinal Painting
- New Painting – “Cardinal in July”
- Go Light your World
- New Painting