As happens occasionally, I have again painted “into the future”. This art is from nearly ten years ago. I painted it in response to government tyranny, relating to injustice I was personally facing. But, when viewed in light of 2020 and continuing to this date, some will likely assume other motivations and inspirations for why I painted this art “Let my People Go”, depicting New York City’s Statue of Liberty raising a staff like Moses to part the waves.
Are the people coming or going? The ambiguous figures make their intentions of arrival or departure unclear, made even more obscure by the grainy footage of the painting session (it was filmed with my an old camcorder, before I got an HD camera). The inadvertent vintage nature suits the art.
Art, once shared, doesn’t belong to me. I follow what it feels like I should paint. Sometimes I paint when I’m upset and those emotions provide empathy to others who are facing hardships. Our troubles don’t need to be from the same issue or from the same time period to cross over into shared human experience.
When my art becomes historically timely, it’s unnerving, yet inspiring as well. We are all connected to each other and are connected to our past and future selves as well. No generation stands alone.
- New Painting – “My Home”
- Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- “Jesus in the Garden”
- Happy Easter
- The Old Rugged Cross
- EASTER SHOW 2023! New painting of Jesus
- Easter Painting Show
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- New Painting – “Piano Portrait”
- New Painting – “Celtic Harp”
- New Painting – “Ballet Shoes”
- New Painting – “Tap Shoes”
- New Painting – “Mountain Dulcimer”
- 2023 Painting Collection Revealed
- New Painting – “Chickadees in Holly”
- CHRISTMAS PAINTING SHOW 2022! Enjoy!
- New Show!
- Last Month of Autumn
- New Painting – “Thanksgiving Turkey & Pumpkins”
- New Painting – “Alabama Landscape”
- New Painting Finished!
- Back to Work! Session 3
- Today’s Painting
- New Painting in Progress
- New Painting – “Lion in Storm”
- New month, new direction!