Watch this oil painting of a pink flower come to life in 36 seconds (time lapse)
I let the painting experience flow and evolve, and I liked the way it went: starting with an abstract background layer, then adding a middle layer of leaves/foliage, and ending with the foreground main subject layer of the flower. I later repeated this technique with intention (planning, instead of just stumbling upon it while “free painting”). It’s become one of my signature styles.
Sometimes we try too hard, when life would be so much easier if we let things flow naturally. And then, we can learn who we are and do more of that. As we wrap up another Sunday, may we reflect on who we are, and let ourselves be that person. It’s all that is ever asked of us – just be who we were born to be, the best that we know how.
- New Painting – “My Home”
- Happy Father’s Day!
- Happy Mother’s Day!
- “Jesus in the Garden”
- Happy Easter
- The Old Rugged Cross
- EASTER SHOW 2023! New painting of Jesus
- Easter Painting Show
- Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- New Painting – “Piano Portrait”
- New Painting – “Celtic Harp”
- New Painting – “Ballet Shoes”
- New Painting – “Tap Shoes”
- New Painting – “Mountain Dulcimer”
- 2023 Painting Collection Revealed
- New Painting – “Chickadees in Holly”
- CHRISTMAS PAINTING SHOW 2022! Enjoy!
- New Show!
- Last Month of Autumn
- New Painting – “Thanksgiving Turkey & Pumpkins”
- New Painting – “Alabama Landscape”
- New Painting Finished!
- Back to Work! Session 3
- Today’s Painting
- New Painting in Progress
- New Painting – “Lion in Storm”
- New month, new direction!