This class is 12 weeks long (three months), and has two options:
- Casual= Take the class on your own, anonymously- start at any time, work at your own pace.
Cost: Free, tips appreciated.
- Enrolled = Begin the class at the start of the three month session and stay on track by completing one lesson per week.
Provide a valid e-mail address to receive supplemental material and access to optional class discussions.
Official enrollment may help you get more out of the class and stay on track with your commitment to complete the course.
You will receive a printable certificate at the end of the course.
Cost: Free, tips appreciated.
- If you wish to attend this class on a Casual basis, you don’t need to do a thing- just watch the class videos, read the lesson plans, and enjoy!
- If you wish to attend this class on an Enrolled basis, please provide me with a valid e-mail address. You don’t need to give me your real name; I will address you by whatever name you provide. You may opt out at any time. Enroll in this class by typing the name of the course in the subject line and sending your email to me at NataliePaints@protonmail.com
Welcome to your Teaching class! You will learn how to select solid teaching materials and methods that work. You will also be shown techniques and activities to inspire your student to learn- and for you to enjoy teaching, whether you teach one or few students from home, or many students in a classroom setting. This course is taught through 12 lessons, recommended to complete on a schedule of one lesson per week. Each lesson contains a video and a printable lesson plan describing the material and citing the sources used.
This course also includes supplemental material to view online or print, and optional class discussion.
By taking this class, you agree to receive the course information “as is”. You will not sell it or modify any of the materials. You cannot legally hold me responsible for any injury or harm that you suffer as a result of your participation in this class. You accept all risks when you participate in this class and/or view or use the class materials.
As with all educational programs, when using my course materials videos, you need to use common sense. To reduce and avoid psychological and emotional stress that may result in frustration and dysfunctional outcomes, you will want to understand the limits of what changes you should make, and understand that results vary. By studying this material, you are exposing your own, and your student(s)’, well being and educational success at your own risk. Natalie Buske Thomas will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of my teaching program, videos, or information shared on my website NatalieBuskeThomas.com. This includes emails, videos, discussions and text. Thank you for your understanding.
You set your own schedule, but it is recommended that you complete all material in each lesson within a week’s time. If you are participating as an Enrolled student, you are expected to do your best to commit to this schedule.
Each session has a start and end date that will be posted on the webpage for your class. Example: Session 1 begins on Labor Day, September 7, 2020 and runs to December. Enrolled students should start Lesson One the week of Monday, September 7 and finish all Lesson One material (at your own pace, day, and time) by Sunday, September 13. The second week, beginning on Monday, September 14, you’d be expected to complete all Lesson Two material by Sunday, September 20, and so on, until the end of the 12-week course in December. It is recommended that you set reminders in an app or on a written calendar so that you don’t forget to work on your class.
Note: Future sessions of this course will start on a different day. If you have found this course after a session is already in progress, you may attend as a Casual student, or wait until the next session to enroll.
This course includes:
- 12 lesson videos + 2 bonus videos = 14 videos total
- 12 lesson plans you may view online, download, or print
- Supplemental material such as books are recommended, but not required. Excerpts will be provided.
- Learn or refresh your current knowledge of teaching techniques, communication skills, basic psychology, resources, and methods.
- Become newly empowered to maintain high energy and excitement for teaching.
- Be inspired to see teaching through a different mindset, let go of barriers to success, and feel confident in your abilities as a leader to inspire your student to reach their goals.
- Learn tips and strategies to enjoy the art of teaching, even when challenges arise. The opportunity to teach, and the trust of a student, is a gift. May we feel honored and joyful when we are called to teach.
Learn at your own pace. Relax and have fun. Be joyful, be free!
Be inspired to teach!
/See next documents: Class Lesson Plans/