Or, read your class syllabus here on this page:
This class is 12 weeks long (three months), and has two options:
- Casual= Take the class on your own, anonymously- start at any time, work at your own pace.
- Enrolled = Begin the class at the start of the three month session and stay on track by completing one lesson per week (an email will be sent to remind you when to take the next lesson, with the direct link to take each class)
Cost in either option: Free, tips appreciated.
Provide a valid e-mail address to receive supplemental material and access to optional class discussions.
Official enrollment may help you get more out of the class and stay on track with your commitment to complete the course.
You will receive a printable certificate at the end of the course.
- If you wish to attend this class on a Casual basis, you don’t need to do a thing- just watch the class videos, read the lesson plans, and enjoy!
- If you wish to attend this class on an Enrolled basis, please provide me with a valid e-mail address. You don’t need to give me your real name; I will address you by whatever name you provide. You may opt out at any time. Enroll in this class by typing the name of the course in the subject line and sending your email to me at NataliePaints@protonmail.com (alternatively, you can fill out the 30 second contact form)
Welcome to your hard shoe dance class! You will learn steps that are common to dance styles such as Tap, Ballroom, and Broadway. Steps are taught through 12 lessons, recommended to complete on a schedule of one lesson per week. Each lesson contains four videos and written lesson plans describing the steps in detail.
Example of each lesson:
Videos 1-2: One step per video, to learn the steps individually
Video 3: Combine the two new steps from Lessons 1-2
Video 4: Finally, try the entire routine seamlessly. After you learn each routine, play them again for a good light workout to use as often as you like- for fitness and fun, any time in the future.
Repeat this format of 4 videos per lesson, plus two bonus videos at the end of the course.
12 lessons with 4 videos each + 2 bonus videos = 50 videos total for the course
This course also includes supplemental material to view online or print, and optional class discussion.
By taking this class, you agree to receive the course information “as is”. You will not sell it or modify any of the materials. You cannot legally hold me responsible for any injury or harm that you suffer as a result of your participation in this class. You accept all risks when you participate in this class and/or view or use the class materials.
As with all exercise programs, when using my dance videos, you need to use common sense. To reduce and avoid injury, you will want to check with your doctor before beginning any fitness program. By performing any fitness exercises, you are performing them at your own risk. Natalie Buske Thomas will not be responsible or liable for any injury or harm you sustain as a result of my fitness program, videos, or information shared on my website NatalieBuskeThomas.com. This includes emails, videos, discussions and text. Thank you for your understanding.
You set your own schedule, but it is recommended that you complete all four videos in each lesson within a week’s time. If you are participating as an Enrolled student, you are expected to do your best to commit to this schedule.
Each session has a start and end date that will be posted on the webpage for your class. Example: Session 1 begins on Labor Day, September 7, 2020 and runs to December. Enrolled students should start Lesson One the week of Monday, September 7 and finish all Lesson One videos, four videos total (at your own pace, day, and time) by Sunday, September 13. The second week, beginning on Monday, September 14, you’d be expected to complete all four videos of Lesson Two by Sunday, September 20, and so on, until the end of the 12-week course in December. It is recommended that you set reminders in an app or on a written calendar so that you don’t forget to work on your class.
Note: Future sessions of this course will start on a different day. If you have found this course after a session is already in progress, you may attend as a Casual student, or wait until the next session to enroll.
This course includes:
- 48 lesson videos + 2 bonus videos = 50 videos total
- 12 lesson plan documents you may view online, download, or print
- Dance shoes and flooring are not provided, and are optional (but encouraged). Recommendations are in your class information document.
- Learn basic steps that apply to dance styles that use a hard- soled shoe
- Become confident to dance at public events, or at home with your family
- Refresh your skills if you’ve already had dance training
- Learn a series of fun, light fitness routines to stay healthy and enjoy a lifestyle that includes regular dancing.
Learn at your own pace. Relax and have fun. Be joyful, be free!
Be inspired to dance!
/See next documents: Class Lesson Plans